Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ahhh, the joys of traveling with a babe!

And by babe, I mean the diaper-wearing, milk-suckling, goo-goo babbling, eight-month-old type.

You know, the ones who decide in rush hour traffic in an unfamiliar city that they MUSTGETOUTOFTHISCARSEATRIGHTNOW!!!!!!

Yep, the kind that are simply happy to stare at the parade of trucks at a gas station in the middle of nowhere while you frantically try to clean up after their latest diaper explosion.


But despite the perils joys of six long hours of driving, we had a great time visiting family in Chicago this week, where we ate a ton of food, celebrated Mr. T's birthday, rode our bikes on some great bike paths and parks, visited some nostalgic sites of my own childhood memories, did some great bargain shopping (hey - who can pass up a CVS deal?), and just relaxed and enjoyed visiting with family.



And now we're back, and I've spent several hours catching up on e-mails and, of course, blog stuff!

Anyway, I've been working on some fun stuff for my very own blog here at missionofmamahood. Keep an eye out for goodies coming very soon, including a post about how we, as parents, are often prey to "greenwashing" from so many companies, as well as a NEW fun giveaway, and I'll even post some new privacy and disclosure statements just for your reading pleasure! I know, you will be waiting on pins and needles for those...

Hope to see you again soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you all had a really good time. I enjoyed reading your blog.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin