Saturday, May 2, 2009

A bust at CVS...at least I tried!

My first adventure of CVSing has been a bust! Why didn't anyone warn me about how everything would be sold out? After spending hours researching online, printing and cutting coupons, scouring the weekly ad, and organizing my list, I headed off to our local CVS. Munchkin was peacefully asleep for the night, Mr. T was cleaning up the kitchen, and I headed off full of excitement and ready to see the amazing fruits of my deal-seaking labors.

Until I walked into the store and looked for the Natural Dentist mouthwash I so wanted to try. Not on the shelf. Nothing but a dusty, empty slot. Hmmmm... Disappointed, I moved on to the next item on my list, an Intuition razor for $.99. Walking over, I immediately spotted the gaping hole in the otherwise packed shelf of over-priced razors. No Intuitions to be found. This quickly became the theme of the night as I walked through the store, dodging the hacking customers at the pharmacy who brought on visions of swine flu and other nasty contagions.

Somewhat defeated, I picked up a few remaining necessities that I needed (like the Charmin toilet paper) and sadly went to the check-out. Total OOP - $23. Total coupon savings - $4. Total ECBs - $12. Not terrible, but not the record-setting heist of my dreams, either.

Well, there's always next week, right?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin